Launching At A Later Date
PLEASE INCLUDE NOTES YOU WOULD LIKE TO LEAVE HERE
Comment by Crystal Trujillo
Child abuse occurs at every socioeconomic level, across ethnic and cultural lines, within all religions and at all levels of education.
• A report of child abuse is made every ten seconds.
• More than FIVE children DIE every day as a result of neglect and/or abuse.
• Between 50-60% of child fatalities due to maltreatment are not recorded as such on death certificates.
• More than 90% of juvenile sexual abuse victims know their perpetrator in some way.
• About 30% of abused and neglected children will later abuse their own children, continuing the horrible cycle of abuse.
• About 80% of 21 year olds that were abused as a child, met criteria for at least one psychological disorder.
The estimated annual cost of child abuse and neglect in the United States for 2007 is $104 billion!!!